apple pie canning recipe-new-I found this recipe: a little bit different than the one in the archives.
Canned Apple Pie Filling
10# apples (or apricots or peaches)
1 cup plus 2T quick cooking tapioca
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup lemon juice
4 cups sugar
1. peel, core (or pit!) and slice apples. (You can prevent darkening by mixing 2T vinegar, 2T salt and 1 gallon of water. Put the slices in this)
2. combine tapioca, sugar and lemon juice and reserve
3. Rinse slices in cold water if you put in salt water above. Then put in pot with the 4 cups sugar and enough water to keep it from sticking. Heat to just under boiling (190*F). Do Not boil.
4. Add reserved tapioca mixture and stirring, reheat to 190*F. Do not boil.
5. Put in clean hot jars, leaving 1/2 inch head space. Seal.
6. process in boiling water bath for 15 minutes.
Makes about 6 quarts.